G41 4SN

The championship standard course at Haggs Castle is a standard wooded, parkland course that is just a short drive from the city centre in Glasgow. Located on the outskirts of Pollok Park, the grounds of the former Pollok estate, the Golf Club is just off of junction 1 of the M77.

The Golf Club is named after a nearby 16th century tower house which served as the main residence for the Maxwell family. Haggs Castle was built to replace the family’s former residence of Laigh Castle, although it too was replaced by the much larger Pollok House in 1753 when the sumptuous manor house was built.

The club as it stands was formed in 1910 on the grounds formerly owned by Sir John Stirling Maxwell, the landowner, Tory politician and philanthropist. The original nine holes were sunk in the area between the nascent railway and the Dumbreck Road, one of the main byways of Glasgow. A further nine holes were added by removing an area of woodland in Pollok Park, with the tree-lined fairways still providing a wonderful contrast to the busy city centre and motorway nearby.

Haggs Castle regularly hosts a number of regional and national tournaments such as the Scottish Open. Being one of the older golf clubs in the area, Haggs Castle has really stood the test of time to become a firm favourite among Glaswegians.

A friendly greeting awaits players in the Haggs Castle clubhouse either before or after a game. Food is available all day from the onsite bar and restaurant, with a full menu on offer between the hours of 9am and 7pm during the playing season. The experienced teams of catering staff pride themselves on going the extra mile to ensure customers leave feeling happily refreshed.

Another facility at Haggs Castle Golf Club is an onsite shop. The Pro-Shop offers a comprehensive and extensive variety of golfing supplies to club members and visitors alike. Clubs, clothing, balls and tees are all on offer, and haggs Castle also has a hire programme for people that turn up without their own golf clubs and still want to play.

The Golf Club is just a short walk from the famous Burrell Collection. The extensive collection of international art covers a wide time period of history, and includes one of the largest assemblies of medieval stained glass outside of the church.